Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful in the Midst of It All...

For those of you that follow the blog, you know Henry hasn't been doing well. He is at Scott & White Hospital now with a brain bleed that is pretty extensive. He is unable to move his right side, unable to communicate clearly, and on a feeding tube.  His mind is active and alert, but he cannot seem to say what it is thinking, nor write. In the midst of it all, I am thankful.

I am thankful because God is so good to give us the creative, loving innocence of children.  They provide comic relief right when we need it most. They bring us back to the priorities..."I'm hungry, mama"...which give us a purpose when we want one. They read our emotions and give us a hug when that's exactly what we desired.  If only we knew our needs as well as they do and could put it so simply. 

They help us remember the simple games provide the best entertainment. Their smiles remind us that everything else can wait for awhile. 

Even before they can talk or hug, the look that your child gives in recognition of you as their mother is enough. I feel fulfilled, content, at peace. Thank you Lord for my two little angels you've given me and Jeremy amongst the harsh reality with Henry's situation. 

5 comments:

  1. Well put Kaite. We are praying for Henry. Please let us know what we can do! Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for Henry and the whole family. Just like Laura said, please let us know if you guys need anything!!

    Love the pictures of the sweet kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful! We are praying for healing for Henry. What a wonderful thing for you to remember what you are so thankful for this Thankgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be thinking and praying for y'all Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are precious! I'm so sorry that Henry is in the hospital; I know that's hard anytime, but especially around the holidays. You guys are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.