Sunday, November 16, 2008

Giving In


Maybe it's deeply suppressed resentment over giving up my own pacifier as a toddler, or maybe it's just the stories from friends...you know, "my child would sleep through the night other than having to go in there and find the pacifier".  Either way, I had decided since Jack didn't have one that Ryleigh could do without as well.

We are approaching week 3 of Ryleigh's life and I am Giving In!  Every night from about 5:00 til 8:00 is Ryleigh's Fussy Time, which works out perfect since it's when I'm battling Jack to eat his dinner, get a bath, put on PJs and go to bed! Jeremy and I tag team it, but the girl was no longer satisfied with my finger to suck on or walking around the house to look at the billions of photos of Jack. So, last night I broke down, sterilized the pacifiers we received at a shower, and popped it in her mouth. 

Needless to say, she loved it! I mean, she went to town! I felt kinda bad for withholding it from her for these 2 1/2 weeks.  Then, part of me wants to somewhat stick to my guns...so, we haven't given it to her at bed time...yet!

2 comments:

  1. She looks like an angel in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the same thing. Owen didn't get a pacifier until he was about 4 weeks old. He would eat until he spit up, so I would just give it to him when his 3 oz of milk was gone. It's not the easiest habbit to break, but it's doable as long as you are firm. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.