After Ryleigh ate "breakfast", Jack and I played cars, puzzles, trains, and colored. I was trying to do more than just "play" as the teacher in me always wants him learning. So, as we played with the cars, we counted them or discussed their colors. Ryleigh then began to wake up, so I decided to give her a bath as she kinda smelt like spit up from the night. Jack freaked out over her umbilical cord. "Momma her tummy! What's wrong?!" It was so cute. He helped and talked to her while I sponged her off.
I was feeling pretty good, then lunch time!
First, Ryleigh had to eat. I managed to distract Jack with a toy that we discussed as Ryleigh finished her meal. Next, since Ryleigh has decided to only eat on one side, I've been pumping and storing the other side. Jack again was so intrigued. He lifted up his shirt and said, "Jack's turn. I put it on my tummy." Too cute.
So, now Jack is fed, Ryleigh is sleeping, and I'm hoping I'm sleeping soon too.
Agenda for the afternoon: Make chocolate chip cookies! Yum!
I hope you guys have fun making cookies. Glad to hear that you are doing well so far as a mother or two. They are lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteKatie - you are awesome! I had help for two weeks after Morgan was born! And Sam cracks me up - she is still fascinated by me nursing Morgan. She has "offered" to help a few times as well...ha!
ReplyDelete