Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unexpected Saturday

The past week has been a whirlwind of events with the funeral services and family and friends being in town. I have to admit that I was really looking forward to a lazy weekend to just lounge around the house and get caught up on some TV shows on our DVR.  

Our last visitor to remain was Jeremy's good friend Chris. He was due to leave Thursday, but due to blizzards in Colorado, his flight was delayed until today. We decided to take him to eat at Chuy's for lunch before his flight since he doesn't get good Tex-Mex up in CO. 

Here's Jack playing in the back of the truck while I feed Ryleigh a "snack" to get her through the ride to the airport and back home. 

After we dropped of Chris at the airport, we decided to put Jack down for a nap at my brother's house and see his puppy and visit. 

Isn't this absolutely adorable?!? What an angel! If only he were always so peaceful...you know what I'm talking about other moms. 

After his nap, Jack played with Nickel, my brother's puppy. He also banged around on Ron's drums for some fun. Since he woke up so late, we decided to call up some friends and grab dinner at another awesome Austin restaurant, Threadgill's. 

Here's Jack with our friend's daughter, Kendall, at the restaurant. They did really good together...other than Jack trying to kiss Kendall right in front of her dad!

So, it wasn't quite the lazy Saturday that I had in mind, but it was none the less fun. We had a good visit with family and friends. 

Now, I just hope I get my lounge-around-the-house-day tomorrow instead! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.