Monday, March 16, 2009

Applesauce and Henry

I tried my hand at homemade baby food last night. I made applesauce for Ryleigh which she seemed pretty disinterested in. I think I'll try a sweeter apple next time. She still took a few unexcited bites to appease me though. My friend Shannon Churchill has given me some tips on making my own baby food and I found a good website (www.wholesomebabyfood.com) to get me started. I am starting out enthusiastic as I am on spring break right now, but we'll see how long it takes before I cave once work begins. I am lucky to have dinner ready for Jeremy, Jack and myself, and pack lunches for the next day. Whew! 

The other aspect of our every day right now is Henry. He is at the VA Hospice care where he will remain. He seems to now be experiencing kidney failure and had a seizure last night, even though he's still on his anti-seizure medication. It's surreal to look at the pictures of him through this process and how much he has declined even in this past week. My same friend Shannon sent me this new CD by Kari Jobe that has a song that I've absolutely fell in love with. I will end with her lyrics that remind me that Henry will be whole again as he faces our Savior!

"You hold my every moment. You calm my raging seas. You walk with me through fire and heal all my disease. I trust in you

I believe you are my Healer. I believe you are all I need. I believe you're my portion. I believe you're more than enough for me. Jesus, you are all I need."

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try and make my own baby food but never did it. Love those lyrics. Henry is in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for even attempting making your own baby food. let me know how it works out, i thought about trying it this go around too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep trying the baby food Katie - I know you are going to be shocked when you discover how easy it is! Sweet potatoes and carrots are the best - delish and they make so much! I still buy baby food as well - sometimes it is just easier. I'm so glad you are loving Kari Jobe - that CD ministers to me every time I hear it. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.