Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thank You

Today we committed Henry's body to the earth.  It was still so bittersweet to see his body laying in the casket. We lost Henry at a time in our lives that we didn't expect. We thought he would see his grandchildren grow old and pass on more wisdom to us as we are learning to be parents. 

The pastor that did the service said several things that made me thankful. First, we grieve Henry, but our grieving is not like that of this world; we grieve with hope...hope that we know that our God has delivered him from death through his son, Jesus Christ.  He also pointed out that Henry began a legacy of a love for the gospel in his family. I am continually impressed with the strength and growth I have seen in my sweet husband. He has shown grace under pressure of dealing with a sick father, while also taking care of his mom, his wife, his kids, and his business. It is only my hope that we, as the parents now, can pass on such an immensely Spirit-inspired gift to our precious Jack and Ryleigh. Through them, Henry's legacy continues. What a priceless gift.

Lastly, if you were unable to make the service today, be sad that you missed Jeremy's tribute to Henry. He spoke with such eloquence and poise. He hit the core of who Henry was and what made him special. His heart poured out of his words and I'm sure that the spirit gave him strength. I am SO PROUD of him! (as well as Henry would be)

3 comments:

  1. We were grateful to be at Henry's funeral today...even if we did have to leave early because of the girls!! Jeremy's tribute was perfect. The slideshow of pictures was great, too (unfortunately, it wasn't Mallory that said "Jack!". I wish it was, because that would have been really cute, but she was out in the foyer throwing a fit while I watched the slideshow!!). Henry had some awesome pantsuits!!!

    We love you guys and will continue to pray for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your loss of Henry. Tyler and I have been praying for you guys. I wish we could have attended the service and heard Jeremy's tribute. I am sure it was beautiful! Even though I know this is a very difficult time, we are rejoicing with you that Henry is fully healed and with our Lord and that you will see him again one day in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I've been thinking of you all so much. Hope you and your sweet family are healing from your loss. Hugs to you and your kids! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.