Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Psalm131

I've been doing the Beth Moore study Stepping Up, a Journey through the Psalms of Ascent this summer during my quiet time. Sometimes I miss out on some key concepts doing one of her studies on my own without the aide of the video introduction sessions, but nevertheless, God is faithful to reveal himself to me.

This morning as we are going to be sending Jack to his first day of kindergarten, I found myself awoken at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep. I relinquished to my Father's calling and came into my usual spot for some alone time with the Lord. At the end of each Psalm, Beth has us write our own interpretation of that Psalm in our own words. I went back through all the ones that I had written as I'm on the last week of the study now. I was amazed at how the Spirit had worked through my hand and my own words spoke back to me as I praised, opened up, revealed, cried and spoke to the Lord as I penned these Psalms.

The one that stood out for today was Psalm 131. I have been so anxious to get Henry in my arms lately, but at the same time I did NOT want to miss this special day for Jack. I'll admit I've already shed tears over both, but God's timing is perfect. He has granted me grace to be by Jack's side as we walk him to his class this morning as well as He will grant me the opportunity to hold Henry soon! So, here are my words for...

Psalm 131

Lord, let me relinquish control to You.
Let my spirit be humble and know that YOU direct my path.

Let me rest in the peace of your arms.
You will carry me along your sovereign path and you will NEVER forsake me!

You know far more that I, so let me be quieted in your presence.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.