Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Colorado Trip

We took our family vacation to Denver, Colorado this year with the kids to visit Jeremy's good friend Chris and wife Jessica. We read up on some tips for traveling with kids as this was the first time for Jack and Ryleigh to travel by plane. We bought Jack a surprise present that he got to open once we got on the plane. It was a Leapster video game with some age-appropriate games. He LOVED it, which was good since the TVs on the plane weren't working! Ryleigh took a bottle and then a nap and was otherwise very well-behaved during the flight as well. 

The night we arrived, we went to have dinner at some friends of Chris and Jessica's who have a 3-year-old son, Jack, and a 1-year-old Sam. I was shocked at how well the two Jacks got along. Here's them mowing the lawn while the fajitas were grilling.

The next morning, we took the kids, along with Jack Jones and Sam to the Denver Zoo. Jack was so well-behaved as he rode in a rented wagon and Ryleigh was toted along in the stroller. They had so many great animals. A truly great zoo. 
Ryleigh is still pretty dependent on her morning nap, so I wasn't sure how she'd do...she still got a nap in! In a pretty uncomfortable position if you ask me, but it worked. 

After the zoo, we went home for naps and that night, we packed up and went to Breckenridge where Chris's good friend Kevin has a vacation home (more like mansion). It was unbelievable!!! The kids and us each got our own room. Jack loved the game room with shuffle board and the pool table. It kept him occupied with his crashing "cars" for a while. 
When we woke, we went into town for some DELICIOUS breakfast at the Blue Moose Cafe. It was awesome to say the least. We proceeded to shop around town and enjoy the brisk 57 degree weather!Saturday night, back in Denver, we took the kids to the Colorado Rockies baseball game. Jack was getting somewhat restless in the stands, so Jeremy took him to walk around. They came back all decked-out in their new Rockies gear. Jack was so excited and cute. That night he had to sleep with his new hat and huge finger, chanting "Rockies, Rockies". Don't worry, Jeremy said he'd be okay if he preferred the Rockies over the Astros. 
Here's a shot that Jack took of the group. I think the boy has a future in photography!
On our last full day in Colorado, Jeremy and Chris took a short road trip to see the Red Rocks Amphitheater. The pictures are absolutely beautiful! I'm jealous that I didn't go, but at the time, the kids were napping and I was totally enthralled with Edward in the 3rd Twilight book! 

Overall, it was a busy, but great trip. I was flat out AMAZED at how well the kids adjusted to the hectic schedule, not allowing for the bests naps and extended bed time. Now, we are working on getting back to our routine. I NEED that probably more than they do! Glad to be back in Texas!!!


3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! That picture is amazing with the snow covered mountains in the back...while you are shopping? Wow. Everything in Colorado is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like yall had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so fun! Glad the kids did so well... I shudder to think how mine would behave on a plane. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.