Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What I like about...

The first week of summer has flown by already. I am trying to relish every moment with the kids and soak up their sunshine. On that note, this is dedicated to what I love about Jack and Ryleigh.

Let's start with Jack...he is very persnickety, but you have to learn to love a trait that teaches you the patience and tolerance that others have had for you! It's actually pretty endearing how much he remembers every detail from which color cup his milk goes in to the specific inflections in my voice as he mimics me reading a book. He loves to pretend whether he's a dog or a fighter against Tai Lan (Kung Fu Panda). His latest obsession is water balloons to which he gets the most infectious grin if you even mention his "babies" as he calls them. He will carry them up to his "castle" and one by one catapult them over the edge, through the window or down the slide. Most of all, I LOVE how sensitive his little soul is and how affectionate he enjoys being. I can always count on him for a hug when I need it most, a cuddle on the couch, or a big smooch or just an "I love you, Mama" to lighten my mood or brighten my day. 
This picture was Jack asking to take pictures of his own...he's quite the photographer. And the "pills" are just my vitamins...he's not drugged up people. 

Now, on to Ryleigh-girl. She is my diva. She knows what she wants and definitely WHEN she wants it. She will let you know too. I love how she always wakes up happy and is ecstatic with laughter when you go to get her out of her crib. I love the smile and wiggles she gives when I'm on my way to pick her up after a play session on the floor. I love how she nestles against my shoulder when she's tired. I have to steal some hugs from her now as she is always wanting to be on the go. 

Together I think is what makes them most precious of all. Jack loves to try to pick up Ryleigh these days as he sees her frustration as she is still not mobile. He makes her laugh like no one else can. Ryleigh's eyes light up when Jack approaches her and as long as big brother is in the room, she tracks his every move. I hope they stay that close growing up. What a precious thing to get to witness. I love you Jack and Ryleigh!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.