Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You Know You Have a Problem When...

Okay, so the Twilight series is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to be sinfully obsessed with the fictional character Edward Cullen. On top of that, prepare your husband for even more unrealistic expectations to be place upon him. I truly don't get how this is a teeny-bopper series, although I'm probably just desperately trying to justify my enthusiasm over this new obsession. 

So here is my top 5 list of "you know you have a problem when..."

5. You are already pacing yourself to re-read the entire 4-book series.

4. You rushed to rent the movie as soon as you finished the first book, and you're craving to see it again.

3. You have watched the "New Moon" movie trailer way too many times, and always when the kids are napping so as not be caught acting so foolishly!

2. When the movie trailer was no longer enough to satiate your cravings, you went to youtube and looked up video clips of the cast and the MTV best kiss clip.

1. While looking on youtube, you decided to follow a link for casting of extras in the movie and signed up for an account.

Okay, so I know I may seriously loose some respect over this post, but I feel like putting it out there will possibly let me see how ridiculously weird I'm being. 

Ahh, the clarity that writing has already given me...now I get it! It's a teeny-bopper series because it makes you feel the raging hormones that are reasonable for someone who is the tender age of 15!!!

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry Katie - you're not alone! I was obsessed with the series as well... at least you aren't waiting in line on the first day the books came out with a bunch of teenagers like I was. Jason was like - seriously?

    I think the author did a really good job of penning what every woman believes a relationship should look like - a man obsessed, protective, completely loving, forgiving, and with us for eternity.

    Let's go see the movie when it comes out! Maybe you guys can come here for a trip and we can have a little girls night!!! Or vice versa of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, although I haven't read the Twilight books yet... this is exactly how I am with Harry Potter, if not even more extreme. I have read all 7 books more times than I can count, and affectionately refer to the characters like they are friends. :) Sam and I think that our first date-night post baby will be to see the movie in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started the book and I am hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got sucked into the books over spring break...it's kind of embarrassing how addicting they are!

    I did NOT like the movie that much, though...my imagination was so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Katie - we're on vacation in Florida, and I just finished Twilight in like 2 days! My family said that I couldn't read any more of the books yet because they wanted to actually talk to me some while we're here! =)

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.