Even better than the nostalgia of my own mom is being able to pass on my learned skills to my darlings. Last night Jack was awakened by the enormously loud thunderstorm that passed through about 11:00pm. I was sitting in bed reading and brought him in bed with me to snuggle. He curled right up next to me as I continued to hold my book in one hand and stroke his hair and back with the other. My mind kept wandering from my book to my precious Jack Jack. This little boy was part of me for 9 whole months...almost a year! And while I know that, I already find it difficult to believe that this now 3-year-old laying next to me was once the rolling and shoving inside of me. I absolutely love the fact that I am the one that is allowed to make nostalgic motherly memories with him. What an honor.
I also know that as much as I love him, he will not truly get it until he has children of his own. My wise mother put it this way, "I always knew my mother loved me, but I didn't really know how much until I was a mother myself."
Jack and Ryleigh, I thank our God for the privilege of entrusting me with you two. I pray that I will be a good steward of the gift that you are to me! I love you!
That is just about the sweetest thing I have ever read. I can just see Jack snuggling with you. What a sweet boy! I guess baby sister Ryleigh was sleeping right through it?
ReplyDeleteYou just made me even more excited to meet Jenna! :) Glad you're enjoying summer.