Saturday, January 31, 2009

Henry Update

Henry last had a round of chemo therapy via pills back in December. He had a 3 week break before his follow up appointment at MD Anderson in Houston. That appointment was this week. The MRI showed that the tumor has grown in all directions, taking up 1/3 of his brain now. It has even moved into his brain stem. The blood work they did showed that he is otherwise healthy as far as white/red blood count, etc. 

We were glad to hear that the tumor itself will not cause him pain. He does, however, have pain on his right side from his joints not moving due to the paralysis. The doctors believe that he will just get more and more tired and sleep more each day. There is even a high chance that he will pass in his sleep. What a blessing that would be. 

We knew that this was coming, but I guess it just made it all real for us. We are going to enjoy the precious time that we have left with him. He remains in good spirits, and still wants to hold Ryleigh every time we visit. He was laughing at Jack bulldozing down blocks over and over the other day. 

Slightly off topic...my friend Shannon kept saying that she thought Ryleigh resembled Henry, so when we last visited, I had remembered seeing a picture of Henry as a baby and wanted to compare to my fair-haired Ryleigh. We found it and Jeremy scanned it in for me. I couldn't find the "best" picture of Ryleigh for comparison, but you be the judge.



I'll post more updates as they come. Until then, please pray for peace for the family and for our time together to be blessed.

7 comments:

  1. bless your family right now! What a crazy and emotional time! Ryleigh looks just like Henry...so cute and that is very special! Sounds like he is an amazing man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, we are continuing to pray for Henry. Please let us know what we can do. I think Henry and Ryleigh look so much alike! That is so sweet! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - we will definitely be praying for Henry's comfort and peace for the whole family. Our hearts go out to you guys! I think it's precious how much Ryleigh looks like Henry. That is pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for lots of family time and sweet memories. Seriously let us know if you guys need anything. Mallory hasn't seen Jack in a while:)

    I'm so glad you put up pictures to compare! Ryleigh is a little mini-me of Henry. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that picture of Ryleigh and Henry is incredible, they look so much alike! I'm so sorry to hear that Henry's situation has worsened. We are praying that his final days would be filled with comfort, love, and special times with his family. Love you guys and let us know if there is anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie, I am so sorry to hear about Henry's situation. We will continue to pray for you guys and the rest of the family. What an adorable picture of him as a baby. I think he and Riley do have a lot of similarities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie, We'll be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.