For the Fourth of July weekend, we went to my brother-in-law's lake house in New Braunfels to spend some time with family and to be a short drive away from Sea World. I was so excited to see the kids' faces when they saw Shamu in person and got to feed the dolphins! Well, there's no way to sugar coat what really went down...
We arrived at the park an hour later than planned because the kids had got little sleep and Jack was recovering from a stomach bug, so I wanted to let them sleep in as late as possible. This kinda threw off our schedule. We also thought maybe the holiday weekend would have people going elsewhere, but I swear it was record-high attendance.
We missed feeding the dolphins, twice. We sat in the splash zone for Shamu (what Jack was excited about) and left bone dry! We had crying, whining kids the whole time, and Ryleigh was having her constipation issues as well. On top of that, they had an 8 month pregnant, hot mama who had no patience! Jeremy and I managed to paste on some smiles and try to get to as many shows as we could fit in.
I guess we'll have to try again when Henry's here and everyone is well and RESTED! I guess it just shows how you always have to be flexible when it comes to kids. When asked the next morning who wanted to go to Sea World, Ryleigh screamed with glee, "I DO!", so I guess it wasn't a total bust.
No comments:
Post a Comment