Monday, July 18, 2011

God is Sovereign

All of us have witnessed the brokenness of this world. Some of us have been blessed to see God's hand at work in those that are filled with his Spirit amidst a storm.

One of my childhood friends lost her child this past week. Little Samuel Job stopped having a heartbeat which caused Lindsey to have to deliver a stillborn on Friday, July 15th, about 2 months early. I was honored to attend a memorial service for him on Sunday. The sermon was delivered with such grace, and the letters written by Stephen and Lindsey were truly remarkable evidence of a deeply rooted relationship with our heavenly father. Pastor Dave McMurray shared scripture that rendered this sweet baby's namesake and legacy.

I Samuel 1:27-28
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

The letter from Lindsey and Stephen spoke about how Samuel will never have to try to view heaven through the broken veil of this world, but he went directly there to spend his days in our Savior's arms. What a wonderful, godly example of placing your security and confidence in the Lord.

My heart still pains for this sweet family amongst their loss. I lift them up daily, several times, as the flash of that sweet face comes to mind. I thank my God for the mighty things that will come of the testimony of this family and their faithfulness to our ever-faithful father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.