Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home-made bird feeder

In a tireless effort to make sure that my kids are being active this summer and involved in a variety of things, we've been to play groups, story time, reading and working on sight words, playing in the slip N slide, etc.

My sister-in-law sent me an email with some craft ideas. One of them was making a bird feeder. I had some Pillsbury pizza dough that I had let expire, so we spread it out over a wire hanger that I stretched out. We baked it then the kids covered it with peanut butter.
After peanut butter, we sprinkled it all over with bird seed. The final step was to add a perch (the cardboard bottom off of another hanger).
It's not the prettiest thing ever, but the kids loved making it and were proud of their efforts. They really liked the cold dough and getting to use the "big knives" to spread the peanut butter.
Ta-Da!!! I let the kids choose a spot in the backyard where they wanted to hang it, and now we are just becoming bird watchers. Hope they like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.