Friday, July 23, 2010

Faces of Summer

I always feel guilty for complaining that summer is coming to an end. Many women work year round and still don't even get the weekends and holidays off like I do being a teacher. I guess it just comes down to the fact that I LOVE being around my kids too much.

I have cherished our mornings together where we're not rushed to get out the door. It's one of my resolutions that this school year I will enjoy Jack in the morning time and not be so tense about the clock. I constantly was uttering "hurry up!", "come on!" or "please, Jack, I'm going to be late!" Instead, I will remember that things WILL be okay if I'm a few minutes late. I will remember that my little boy will NOT be little forever, and I am blessed that I get to sit and eat breakfast with him and share these fleeting moments.

I have cherished our library visits, splash park get-togethers, hot wheels playing, baby dolls, sprinklers, errand-running, and the list could go on! It's been a joy to share in the things that excite and motivate my children. It's like an insight into their lives that I get a unique glimpse of. I have really tried to treasure their uniqueness and be sure that I'm loving them in their own Love Language. So, my resolution here is that I will remember that we can have fun times after school starts. It's not just a summer thing. I think we're going to enroll Jack in soccer and Ryleigh can run around the field and cheer him on. I want to stick to a family meal time with just us around a table!

God, you have not only blessed me with two of the most amazing children, but you have blessed me with a job where I am able to get some valuable time with them. Allow me to be thankful and to be a good steward of this time. Allow me to not wish for other circumstances but know that your divine wisdom has placed me where I need to be. Allow me to reserve time and energy for my two blessings once work starts back up. Allow me to give myself grace when I can't do everything as well as I'd hoped. Above all, guide me to give you all the glory!

Ryleigh and Jack getting ready to go to church.
My gorgeous big girl!
When we converted Ryleigh's crib to a toddler bed.
Jack doing a ninja pose.

2 comments:

  1. You are a GREAT mom Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do have two wonderful blessings! I will pray for you as the summer winds down.

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.