Jack has been sick with fever the past 3 days. Last night he was still running a fever, so we didn't want to take him to Sunday school until he had been fever-free for 24 hours. SO, we had church at home today.
I didn't want Jack to miss out on this pivotal day leading up to Easter. He can understand so much more now, and I want to take advantage of that. "Teach a child in the way he should go, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
So we began by reading the story of Palm Sunday out of his children's Bible. Since we were out of green construction paper, the kids had to paint some white paper first, which I think they enjoyed more anyway.
While the paint was drying, I scribbled a donkey on some paper for Jack to color while Ryleigh free-drew on some paper. The paint still needed some time to dry, so we played on the screened-in porch for a short while.
Finally the paint dried, and we cut out the palm leaf. Jack then added some slits on the sides to make it look more like the picture in his Bible.
"Hosanna! Save us!" was what we shouted at the end. I pray that God touches Jack's heart and that he knows the glory of this Easter season.
"Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"
No comments:
Post a Comment