Everyone always tells you, "it goes by so fast," but you have NO IDEA how fast until it happens to you! I can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that my little Jack-Jack is 4 years old!
I will say that the past years have been so much fun as his dexterity improves and his vocabulary increases as his little personality has emerged! He got the character award of "fairness" at school, which I think suits him well. His teacher said that he plays with all of the kids in the classroom without exclusion, and that he is very honest and likes to follow the rules. YUP, that's my Jack. We pray that God will continue to nurture these qualities in him as we watch him grow into a man! YIKES!
NOW, on to the PARTY! Jack chose a Spiderman theme this year. We held it at a local gym where the kids where able to have free play for an hour, then go into a separate room for pizza and cupcakes.
Here's Jack showing off the party favors and cupcakes before the party began. He's sporting the Spiderman shirt that Jeremy made for part of the favor bag.
I must say that I was pretty proud of myself for these babies!!! Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing, colored for the theme!
Several of Jack's friends from school and church were able to come out to celebrate. Here they are jumping in the "pit".
Jack blowing out his birthday cupcake and making a wish!
Ryleigh thoroughly enjoyed licking her cupcake like an ice cream cone! She may have had more fun than her brother!
The party was a success and tomorrow night (on Jack's actual birthday), we're having family over for Jeremy's famous baby-back ribs! An all-around FANTASTIC weekend!
Happy birthday to Jack!! We were really sad to miss the party. It looks like it was a lot of fun!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jack! Your cupcakes are amazing - great job!
ReplyDeleteWow! They are both getting so big! And those cupcakes...I might be calling you for my next party! :)
ReplyDelete