Several friends have been asking, so I thought I'd post about my, and more importantly, Jack's first day of school.
My day went pretty smooth. I have a great group of kids, they are just going to need some training to tame their tongues! They've been together since kindergarten, so they are all really comfortable with each other...a little too much. Other than that, it's great!
Jack was a little weary to be dropped off for his first day. He did shed some tears when I left him, but not quite as many as I did! I had to pull it together before my students saw me. My principal came to me at the end of the day and said that he was getting kinda anxious and wondering where I was, so she took over the rest of my 3rd graders and let me go get Jack! He did AWESOME! He kept all 3 of his smiley faces both days this week, which means he had good behavior and got candy at the end of the day. I was so proud. If he can make it through those l..o..n..g days, then he'll do fine when he only stays until lunch next week and then goes to Mimi or Yaya's house!
He loves to come to my room at the end of the day and play with games or just go back and forth to classrooms to say "Hi" to all the teachers and teachers' kids that are hanging around.
Ryleigh is also doing FANTASTIC at her new day care! I couldn't be happier. They are the parents of one of the 1st grade teachers at CTCS. She has a daughter that is 2 weeks younger than Ryleigh named Brooklyn. They get along fabulously and are too cute together.
God has really blessed me. I am definitely still pretty scattered as I am learning the ropes, but I couldn't be happier for the situation that it has created for both of my kids! God is GOOD!
So, so glad it went well! One week down, only like...40 left?? :)
ReplyDelete