Monday, July 13, 2009

Jack-isms

Oh, my darling Jack!

So, anyone that knows Jack has probably heard how much trouble he has in the pooping department. It all started last summer when I prematurely tried to potty-train him. He held his poop all day and ended up having to get a suppository. Ever since then, he holds it in until absolutely necessary to make a deposit to the toilet fairy. 

Today, he started his poop dance and told me frantically (like always) that he had to go. We ran to the bathroom and he began his ritual of screams as we wait for the inevitable. Today, though, he threw something new in the mix. 

After a few grunts and moans, he paused, took a breath, closed his eyes and said to himself, "You can do this!"  
I, of course, started laughing hysterically which prompted him to say, 
"What's so funny, Mama?"  

I just told him he was a silly boy then we proceeded with the event. You don't need any more details than that. 

The funniest part is, that I had to bribe him to go to the bathroom in the end. His prize? Two "Fiber bears"...gummy bears made by Pedia-Lax that are to help make him more "regular".  If only he knew...

2 comments:

  1. That Jack is a funny boy! Hilariious that he was psyching himself up...whatever works!

    I didn't know about the fiber gummy bears. I'll have to remember that if Mallory starts having "issues" again!

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.