Friday, February 15, 2013

My Mister

"Mister" is the nickname that came about for Jeremy shortly after we were married. It has stuck ever since and he is still affectionately my Mister. I have been married to this man for over ten years and dated him for almost two years before that. I have grown up with this man...literally. I was 19-years-old when we were married. A lot of people will say that marriage is difficult as you get to REALLY know this person that you've permanently attached yourself to. For me it was not only this challenge, but also getting to know myself. I felt like the first few years were a magnifying glass on all my deficiencies and character flaws as well as trying to adapt to another person. I felt like I had to discover myself as an adult before I could truly serve my husband. It has been a long journey that is far from over.

I have begun a study "What it's Like to Married to Me" through our church that has opened my eyes to a whole new facet. I have learned that I am still selfish, self-seeking, and quick to anger. I have learned that I prefer to dwell on the negative than to set my mind on what is true, honorable, admirable, and praiseworthy (Phil. 4:8). It's not an easy pill to swallow that you do pretty much the opposite of what the gospel teaches. The word of God has a way of not only convicting the soul, but also a way of, hopefully, changing your perspective and actions.

Jeremy and I own a business together and he has recently been so vulnerable with me and asked me to come on and help more hands on at the office. I am so excited to put into action the words that I so often think: "I am your ultimate supporter", "I believe in you and what you do", "I want to be your true helper-completer"! I am truly so honored to come alongside my man and build something together.

On our honeymoon in Carriacou, 2002


Striper Fever, at the Lake House, pre-kids

 Gettysburg, pre-kids, family wedding

St. Arnold's Brewery in Houston, pregnant with Jack, I drank Root Beer
Jack at Houston hospital and then at Thanksgiving
Bathtime with Jack 2007


Inn at the Ballpark in Houston, Jeremy acting silly!
Bastrop, 5 year anniversary
wedding in Houston, 2008
Malu and Kevin's wedding 2008
photo session with Lynnsay, 2010

trip to Colorado with Chris and Jessica, 2010


 10 year anniversary in Hawaii

I feel so unbelievably blessed that I still look to my Mister and get butterflies and excited to spend time with him. I love paying attention to his quirks and passions. I want to fully invest and know this man that God has given me. Mister, I love you more than you know!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! A new post! I always love reading your blog. It's one of my favz! Jeremy is blessed to have such an insightful, introspective, and humble wife. Good luck as you two build your business together! =)

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.