Friday, December 7, 2012

Babies and Zombies

Jeremy has been a fan of The Walking Dead since day one. He watches religiously and even has read the comic books, and this is a guy who doesn't ordinarily read for leisure. He has attempted several times to sway me to watch with him. I finally relented to watch the pilot if he would agree to watch The Hunger Games with me. I was TERRIFIED! I didn't watch another episode for months.

Then...we were at our Bible Study and one of the guys started talking about the show. He mentioned that his wife felt the same way, but finally got into it. So, after much thought, I gave the show another chance. I am on season 2 now, and still sometimes have wayward thoughts if I should continue. The characters are very consuming, but the show in itself leaves me thinking thoughts of how to keep my family safe if a zombie apocalypse were to happen. I usually end the evening trying to 180 my brain with a "happy" show (The Office, Duck Dynasty, etc) or by placing myself in the sweet world of Avonlea from my book.

So, all that to say that I have found some glaring similarities between my 1-year-old baby and zombies:

1. They both drool a lot and often make groaning noises.
2. They both smell like death...the baby from the tail end.
3. They both can leave you crying and searching for a place to hide for a while.
4. They bang on doors and scream to get to you, especially if you're trying to, God forbid, go to the bathroom or get dressed.
5. They both seem to have insatiable appetites.
6. When they see something they want, you no longer see glimpses of the sweet person they used to be as their tantrums consume them.
7. Their moaning and crying isn't abated until they get the object of their desire.
8. They both walk with a little Frankenstein step.
9. They both can keep you up all night.

And that's all I got for now, folks. I'll add more if my mommy brain can think of any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.