Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Fall

Life is funny how it sneaks by you. Sometimes it's short spurts, other times it seems like years have passed in a blink of an eye. I see what a different mom I am now than when I was just starting out with one. I was so much more up tight and obsessive about every single detail. I was eager for things to happen. 

With my first, I was so excited for the next milestone. When will he roll over? When will he crawl? Isn't he walking yet? With my second, I was so busy adjusting to two, that it honestly feels like a blur. Poor middle child...and I am one! With my last, I am soaking up every moment and savoring the fact that he isn't walking just yet. Take your time because that means that you're my baby that much longer. 

I now have so much more sympathy for the relationship that my mom had with my younger sister (the baby) growing up. It's so difficult knowing that the older two are slipping through your fingers and you so dearly cling to the one that still needs you. I promise that I will do my best not to smother my baby in the process. 

I shamefully admit that I took the family outings for granted as pic ops with my first instead of just soaking up the time. Which is where we lead into these pictures. I don't have many good ones, but that's because I was truly just enjoying the time with my kids. We painted pumpkins, road a train, fed animals, wound through a maze, jumped in a bouncy house and ate junk food. It was a blast! 



I'm so grateful for family-friendly places such as the Silo Christmas Tree Farm for their pumpkin patch. We will definitely go back around Christmas time, but I can't promise good pics. There are plenty stored in my memory though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.