Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My 3 Blessings

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14


I'm the first to admit that this stage of life with young kids (or any kids for that matter) is difficult. It poses many challenges that most of all cause you to see your own selfishness. It also, sadly, let's you see first hand that we are all born with a sinful nature.

Despite all that, it presents some of the most truly AMAZING moments that shape your life. You learn what sacrifice is and the joy to do it. You learn how fleeting this life is and to suck up every moment you can to impart wisdom and salvation to your children.

I have been BLESSED three times over with my children. I know that now more than ever as I have watched several friends go through heart-breaking loss. The kind of loss that brings you to your knees to count every second with your children a blessing, even the seconds when you want to scream because you're so tired or frustrated. I thank God for those frustrations, because they produce more fruit...hopefully!
I look through pictures and think of how much time has already "slipped through my fingers". Jack will be six soon. When did that happen?
Thank you Lord for this Holy Week where I am given renewed hope that my children can know a Savior in this depraved and fallen world.

May they seek you and find favor with you all the days of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.