Saturday, February 11, 2012

Committed to Memory

Here is my sappy post for the month...well, don't hold me to that because I will probably become an aunt this month, so that may call for another one. So bear with me.

Older parents, or at least wiser ones, are always telling us young mothers to cherish these times while are children are young...it goes so fast. I felt like last night that I was truly "in the moment" and trying to freeze frame in my memory the events.

Jack and Ryleigh were running away from the "drool monster" aka Henry that I was holding and chasing them with. Henry would squeal with delight as we approached one of them which would cause Jack to scream and run while Ryleigh would stop and give him a kiss. This went on for a good 15 minutes. So precious are the moments when all 3 of your kids are getting along and playing.
When Mommy had to take a break to rest her weary back, we came into the living room where Daddy was listening to music. Jack and Ryleigh didn't miss a beat and immediately started dancing. I wish I had got video, especially if you've never seen the artistic styling of Jack's moves! Hilarious!!! And Ryleigh gives him a run for his money.
I was just sitting there nursing my last baby, soaking up the snuggle time while watching my older two playfully dance together. I was trying to use mind power to freeze the moment, to take a snap shot in my memory.

When did my little Jack become an almost 6-year-old? How is it possible that Ryleigh is old enough to go to CTCS next year? Before I know it, my little Henry will be crawling and walking. STOP! My babies are supposed to be babies still, not big kids.

Thank you older, wiser parents. Even though it is so cliche and told to me many times over, I am so glad that tonight your advice rang true. I did cherish the moment. I did freeze it and commit it to my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.