Monday, January 16, 2012

Love the baby, Hate the stuff!

Anyone who remotely knows me knows that I hate clutter! I am one of "those people" that throws away everything. I even get a kick out of deleting things on our DVR. As soon as Christmas morning, or even birthday parties, are over, I am immediately thinking, "where am I going to put all this stuff?" and "What do I need to get rid of to make room for the new stuff?" I know, it's a sickness. That's why Jeremy is good to balance me out so I don't go too crazy and let the kids actually enjoy their things.

So, when the kids were babies, after each one I always can't wait until we can put up all the "baby items". Now that we are done with having babies, I can't wait to have a garage sale and get rid of it once and for all. I think it bothers me because there is nowhere to put the stuff except the living room. The boys' bedroom is too small, plus I don't want to be stuck back there when I need to do laundry and dishes and such. Let's admit it, they are a necessary evil. When babies are this age, there isn't much else to do with them.
The bumbo on the counter serves as our high chair for rice cereal for the time being. And the exersaucer allows Henry to be upright while he inspects the toys.
The bouncy chair is one of Henry's favorites, but I make sure he has some floor time so that he will eventually roll over. (He goes tummy to back, but not quite back to tummy.)
Here's the basket of toys that are most frequently used now and the Johnny jump up so that our little guy can exert some energy and feel independent.
This pic got thrown in as a side note. My friend gave Jack one of these personalized place mats for a birthday present a few years back, so I ordered one for Ryleigh and Henry. She can even put Bible verses on them and has several templates to choose from.

But, I digress...I don't want to wish away this precious time with my last little one. I am absolutely loving all the cooing, laughing, drooling and cuddling. I just need to take some deep breaths and realize that my little ones won't be little forever and once my OCD subsides, I'll be wishing I had that cluttered living room back.

1 comment:

  1. I soooo understand. I'm thrilled that this is the last one and once and for all we can garage sale all the baby stuff when we're done! Think of the space and the spare change! :) Amazing they require so much stuff to sit them in. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.