This year, we got the reminder post card in the mail, and my adorable husband earned some MAJOR brownie points by telling me he'd like to go again this year. So, we left the kids with my mom and dad for the night and had a relaxing kid-free drive up to Ft. Worth.
This year Jimmy talked about the role that fear plays in our marriage and our communication and actions towards one another. He then focused on "Affair-proofing" your marriage. He spoke of the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual ways to protect your marriage. I love how there was built in time to debrief and talk with each other about our reflections.
Our main goal leaving this time was to make it a point to consistently pray together, and REALLY pray. I'm not talking about our usual quick prayer as I'm going to bed. The every-electronic-savvy Jeremy already downloaded an app for a prayer journal on his phone to track our prayers.
I also left with one of Jimmy's books, 7 Secrets of Successful Families. I already read the first chapter and am convicted of how to better prioritize our family. Overall, great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment