We signed Jack up to play fall soccer. This is his first sport that we've tried out and we had our first game this Saturday. I played soccer all through elementary and middle school, so I was excited to watch a game where I understand the concepts and rules.
Jack had been doing pretty good at practice with dribbling and shooting, so I guess I had somewhat high expectations for the game. We get there and he just stands around watching the other team run circles around us. About half of our team (all first timers) were crying, so Jack got a lot of play time since he was one of the ones who was willing to play.
I'll just say it...we got spanked. I was so relieved to find out that the team we played were all mostly 5-year-olds and had all played together last year. Whew! We'll be practicing some more before next Saturday and I'll remind myself that Jack is only 4 and just needs to get a feel for the sport to see if he likes it or not.

On a side note, Jeremy was super excited that Jack chose jersey number 6 for himself as this was always Jeremy's number in sports and still his favorite number. Like father, like son!
No comments:
Post a Comment