So my school had a raffle drawing where I WON a $1,000 gift card to a travel agent and a $500 Visa spending card! They advertised it to be used on a cruise, but Jeremy had no interest in a cruise; however, I did. So we made a compromise. We used the $500 spending card and part of the gift card to the travel agency for a "Jeremy-themed" trip, and in July I am going on a cruise with my mom, sister and Marleea & Lynnsay Crittenden. I think I SCORED!
We didn't take the kids, so that was a little rough. We were gone for 4 nights. I teared up right away when I saw a little girl pushing her baby doll in a stroller at the airport. BUT, Jeremy had plenty of festivities to keep us preoccupied.
First stop: New Belgium Brewing Co. Tour
For those of our Houston friends, this blows St. Arnold's WAY out of the water!!! It's an actual tour for one! The guide was so awesome that by the end, I found myself wanting to pack up and move to Ft. Collins and try to get hired!
Here's me and Jeremy next to the Fat Tire artwork with one of our five tastings. They were all fantastic! If you can get your hands on the Lips of Faith Helles, you must try it!
They are all about FUN at the brewery here and even have a contest going for the new cover for the Fat Tire bottles, so we had to strike a pose. Above are our friends we stayed with, Chris and Jessica. Below Jeremy and I went solo. They had all the costumes and stuff supplied. Pretty cool.
Stop 2: Red Rocks Amphitheater for Big Head Todd and the Monsters
We were lucky enough to see this Colorado-native band play their 20th anniversary of their album Midnight Radio. They played the entire album through, then came on for an encore playing some classics mixed with new songs.
As if this view isn't enough, there was a brief thunderstorm that soaked us, but left an awesome lightning show for the rest of the night. God supplied our own firework show in the backdrop. Truly amazing and my new FAVORITE venue!
Stop 3: Rockies vs. Astros at Coors Field
So, I'm not as big of a baseball fan as Jeremy (isn't that the understatement of the year?!), but I knew it was a bucket list thing for him to see his home team at an away game. It made it even more cool that it was against his second-favorite, Rockies. We got to watch the sunset over the stadium and eat the traditional "Rockie dog". It was great.
The trip was amazing!!! We even fit in a stop at our other friends' house, the Barbers, who live WAY up in the mountains. We also ate WAY too much out to eat. My stomach needs some healthy eating for a while to recover!
I was TRULY giddy to pull around the corner to see my kids! They are the best part of the trip. Phone calls were precious while we were gone and the HUGS upon return were the icing!
What a fun trip! Congratulations on winning the raffle. The cruise sounds fantastic, too! Tyler and I have heard of the Red Rocks Amphitheater and had planned on going last time we were in Colorado, but we never made it over there. I am going to put that on the list for next time. It looks fabulous! Glad you are enjoying your summer :)
ReplyDeleteSO fun!!! It looks like you guys got to see and do some amazing things!! And that is so neat that you won the raffle - I don't think I've ever won anything like that! =)
ReplyDelete