Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's been a while...

I haven't blogged in so long, but as a teacher and mom, this is one hectic time of year. Between the runs to Walmart and HEB to get the things for school crafts and groceries for the family, I have felt run ragged lately. I always hate this because it sucks the life out of me so much that I often forget the JOYFULNESS that should fill this season!

Jack is always there with his sweet smile to remind me of the child-like faith of the season and the awe they have for Christmas. He is continuing to learn so much at school and sings so many sweet songs to our Lord that it makes my heart smile! He is going to enjoy a Happy Birthday Jesus birthday cake tomorrow at school, and as the Lord would have it, during my planning period. I am so grateful that I have been able to partake in some of the festivities that have gone on this year in his class.

Ryleigh is still somewhat slow-going with the walking. She can walk, but she can still crawl much faster, so she often reverts to it. I know that this is largely to do with the fact that the child's feet rarely touch the ground...I LOVE to hold her and cuddle on her. She has unwrapped a present or two already and has broken one ornament. YIKES! Is this girl busy?!

We are all coping and grieving the loss of Henry at this time of family moments and memories. I was so glad that Jeremy's aunts were able to come into town today and bring Jeremy one of his dad's paintings. Jeremy saw a particular painting that Henry had done and given to his sister, so I called Florence and asked if she'd be willing to part with it. She generously agreed and even drove here to deliver it! What a blessing! I don't think Jeremy cares if he gets another gift, he was so grateful!

God is good and we have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.