Saturday, September 19, 2009

It takes two, baby!

I remember very distinctly the feelings I had right before Ryleigh was born. How could I love another child as much as I do Jack? I fit in as many fun activities as I could....fireman's breakfast, the circus, park time, etc. I even remember when I was leaving for the hospital in the middle of the night, walking past his room and shedding some tears as I knew our time together would now be divided.

Wow! How wrong I was! Ryleigh has been our little ray of sunshine, our smiley Ryleigh! She brings out such sweet qualities in Jack that are so endearing....protector, teacher, friend, role model. And my own heart just grew the day she was born. I didn't have to share the love I had for Jack, I just created more for her.


Jeremy and I are so proud of the big brother that he is and is becoming. He is so selfless so many times and eager to teach Ryleigh new things. I'm not saying there's no fights or tears shed! But it definitely takes two (or more), because otherwise we'd be missing out!

4 comments:

  1. That second picture is so sweet! Jack looks a lot like Jeremy, too. I love to see the girls interacting. It really is amazing how your love just grows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Very insightful, wise, and precious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you shared this...I've been anxious to have another, but I was a little scared of losing the great bond with Owen. I keep thinking...would he be my favorite? It's so hard to imagine how you'd love another one just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Enjoy every minute with them!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.