I got to school and my sweet partner brought me a Sonic Diet Dr. Pepper with vanilla...my favorite! She's the best. I much needed the caffeine boost after Ryleigh woke up at 1:30, 4:30, and 6:00. The kids were as expected. They were happy to see me, but also hyper due to the COLD weather and readiness for Christmas break. It was nice to feel missed and appreciated by them.
I was able to pump during my planning period and lunch with ease and Ryleigh ate out of her bottle well. Yay! We had another meeting after school...ugh...which got me to Ryleigh just in time for her next feeding.
I had done fine all day, squelching down some tears while pumping, thinking about how this is when she'd normally be in my arms...thinking about how I'd normally be hearing her squeals as she swollowed...thinking about how I usually stroke her soft hair...thinking of her sweet smell. I did make it through the day without any tears shed. THEN, I got to my mom's to pick her up and she smiled the LONGEST and LARGEST that I've ever seen. She seemed to even be trying to laugh. Jack screamed as I walked through the door as well and greeted me with a HUMONGOUS hug!
I know God is faithful and I will someday be able to spend more days with these precious angels, but for now I must be faithful to do as he has planned for me at this moment. He knows the inner most desires of my heart and feels my pain. After all, he had to part from his own son for a short while as well. How sweet the reunion must have been. I know my time will come.
I will be praying for your transition back to school.:)
ReplyDeleteKatie - I totally teared up reading this. Your time will definitely come and right now I am so inspired by your desire and willingness to follow God's will. You are an amazing mother and an incredible blessing to your family.
ReplyDeleteKatie, I too teared up reading this. I am praying for you as you start back to work.
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine! Praying for you to have a short week at work and a LONG 2 weeks for Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteYour post was beautiful. Just think what Jack and Ryleigh will think one day if they read it. What a treasure to know just how much your mom loves you!!! You are an amazing mother and a wonderful teacher. You are a blessing to kids every day, whether they are your students or your own two angels. I am looking forward to seeing you next week!
ReplyDelete