Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas morning

I love Christmas morning! As a child, we used to go to Austin and spend Christmas Eve at the grandparents house. I was always designated to sleep on the cot in my parent's room so that we'd be sure to wake up early to open presents. I am still the early bird of the family it seems. 

I woke up around 8:30, surprised no one was stirring! So, I thought I'd put on my make-up to be ready for brunch at my parents after Jack opened his presents (so when you see the picture of me in my robe with make-up you know why and don't think I'm super vain!).  Finally around 9:15 Jack woke up to open gifts. 

He would open one, then want to just play with it. We had to coax and encourage him to open all of the presents! He was so excited and Ryleigh ate her breakfast as he enjoyed the gifts!


Myself and Ryleigh after her morning meal! This is before my ears were clad with my new diamond stud earrings that my sweet, wonderful, thoughtful husband gave me!

Jack and his tool set! Pop has a bunch of tools that now belong to Jeremy, so it was only fitting that we teach Jack young!

Jack loves MarZ's fish, especially feeding it, so we got him his own betta fish, who he named Max.  He's constantly asking if we need to feed him, even if he just ate 5 minutes ago!

The Schindler family...we were able to spend a wonderful Christmas Eve with Margo, Henry and Jenny. One of Jeremy's cousins was even able to join in! Henry was a trooper as always and held Ryleigh every chance he got as well as letting Jack sit in his lap to watch Robots.  

I got to meet my new niece, Nickel, a few days before Christmas as she came over for a play date with Liberty. I think she enjoyed chasing Jack more, especially nibbling on his ears as he rolled in the grass with her. 

Lastly, here is one more picture of my precious ones. They make this season so much sweeter and full of meaning for me! I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a sweet holiday with your family. Special memories!

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.