Thursday, June 16, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I saw a picture on my friends FB account that she had bought all this stuff at HEB with extreme couponing and most of it was diapers and wipes. Naturally, I called her up and asked her the tricks of her trade. She met me at HEB later that day and we went about calculating the savings while piling diapers and wipes in the cart for baby Henry. The 31st street location was already picked over, so we took our chances at the north-side HEB. It looked like someone had already been bargain shopping there too.

Regardless, I was able to buy all the diapers and wipes in the above pic with a savings of $85 after I received another coupon for $15 off my next HEB purchase between now and June 30th. I would have saved more, but this location didn't have one of the combo locos that would have saved me an additional $10 and stocked me up on paper towels, laundry detergent, and toilet paper. Oh, well. I am still learning!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, we need to get together and talk coupons! I am addicted (actually am clipping them right now, ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, have you tried getting diapers through amazon? If you sign up for prime shipping you save lots on diapers. I just got 172 diapers for 32 bucks! You go to amazonmom.com and if you sign up for regular shipping- you can click if you want diapers every month, 2 months, ect and they come right to your door... discounted and free shipping!

    ReplyDelete

The Schindlers

The Schindlers
our increasing family

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to my husband Jeremy of 10 years, a mom to my 6 year old, Jack and 3 year old daughter, Ryleigh, and our 1 year old, Henry.